Terms of Affiliation
The MEALA – The Middle Eastern Association of Linguistic Anthropology warmly welcomes academic and professional institutions and associations with programs related to cultural and other anthropologies, to cultural studies, linguistics, humanities, and social sciences, in general, and Middle Eastern Linguistic Anthropology, in particular, to become formal Affiliates of The MEALA.
- MEALA Affiliates will receive the following benefits:
- 20% discount on conference registration
- 10% discount on The MEALA products, proceeds from which will be used to support future programs, including assistance to endangered communities
- Recognition at each MEALA conference, including on signage, in the official program and in the conference proceedings
- Access to a conference information table to display program materials, including video presentations
- Space on The MEALA website to disseminate program information.
- Request for MEALA affilaites:
- Encourage staff, faculty, members, and colleagues to submit abstracts for upcoming conferences.
- Encourage staff, faculty, members, and colleagues to register and attend The MEALA conferences.
- Here, the MEALA will provide Affiliates with templates, which they may use at their discretion, to promote the Conferences.
- Institutions and Associations may become Affiliates by simple written agreement, by email or other means.
- Affiliation may occur in response to an invitation from The MEALA or as a result of a self-nomination.
Institutions and Associations that wish to end their affiliation may do so through written notice to The MEALA via the contact form on the website.